Why It Matters How Long A Roofing Company Has Been In Business
https://www.eliteroofingincnj.com/services (Click here for a complete list of our services!)
When searching for a roofing company, it may be overwhelming when attempting to narrow down your options as every company may seem like a good fit. In order to find the right company, there are certain things to look out for, such as the amount of time a company has been in business as this can indicate an overall positive experience! Read along to see why we think it matters how long a roofing company has been in business:
1. Short Amount of Time in Business: When a business hasn’t been open for very long, this may indicate that this business is not financially stable. Although this doesn’t seem like a major red flag at first, it is important to think about the possibility of that business going out of business. In the event it does, you’ll be left high and dry with a useless warranty! We advise you to look into the timeline of a business to see previous jobs and/or customer testimonials; this will give you an idea of what to expect from the business.
2. Experience: Although we feel that everyone should have a fair chance in the roofing trade, it is important to look into the prior experience a company has in order to know what level of service you’ll be getting. Businesses that do not have years of prior experience can leave room for unwanted mistakes or future repairs, which is a costly thing to worry about. Here at Elite, we believe that practice makes perfect, but your roof needs to be perfect to ensure years of protection from the elements.
3. Will They Stay In Business?: When settling on your chosen roofing company, it is important to question if they’ll remain in business even years after your first repair/replacement. This is an important factor as there may be potential repairs or upkeep needed and it is usually recommended to contact the business that you’ve previously used. Say you get your roof repaired and 5 years down the line you need maintenance, what happens when it's time to call and their company no longer exists? Not only are you left with unnecessary stress, but you’ll have to restart your search all over again.
4. Protect Your Investment: As a continuation of the last point, you’ll want to make sure that your chosen business will be there to properly maintain your investment! Many businesses offer annual maintenance in order to protect your roof and upkeep the quality, which is something you’d want to look for when searching for the right business. Again, if the company you originally hired is no longer in business, you’ll be left searching for a new company that can pick up where they left off.
5. Future Problems: The longer a company is in business, the more likely it will come back if there is a problem! In the event that your chosen company made any mistakes or missed a problem area, they should be able to prioritize your issue and fix it in a timely manner. Here at Elite, we want to assure our customers that once they work with us, we’ll be the last roofing company you’ll ever need!
6. Location: When searching for a roofing company, we advise you to look out for their physical location as this will inform you of what kind of business they’re running. A company with extended years of experience should always have a physical location in which you can visit for any reason needed. Be sure to check if their location is legitimate and has the proper signage as this will assure you that you can move forward with hiring them to do your job. Although it is okay for some other types of trade, you’ll want to make sure your chosen business isn’t working out of their house or a random garage rental; the same goes for their mailboxes/P.O boxes. Month-to-month business location rentals can indicate an unstable business which you’ll want to avoid.
7. Cheap Doesn’t Equal Good: Exactly like the title, cheap work does not equal good work. New roofing companies may offer their work at significantly cheaper rates to appeal to new clientele, yet they may not have the proper experience or materials in order to ensure the future quality of your roof. It is okay to shop around, but when doing so take the company's lifespan into consideration to make sure you’ll be getting the best deal with the best quality.
8. 10+ Year Experience in Your Area: Just as general experience is important, hiring a business that is familiar with your neighborhood/area is a major plus! By hiring a company where its roots are established, they’ll have a better idea of the local protocols. This can include certain permit requirements, materials designed for the local weather conditions, and/or other important factors that change due to your area. Hiring a business located in your area also allows you to see testimonials from neighbors and gives you a better sense of the work they perform.
Here at Elite, we pride ourselves on our 30+ years of experience. Unlike other roofing companies, we own the building that our business is housed in, leaving no room for unexpected disappearances that you can expect from other companies. In addition to that, we are also adequately staffed and our location is physically open for you to visit at any time. In terms of our materials, we stock many of our roofing supplies and have credit lines with all of our suppliers.
We pride ourselves on our customer service and authentic customer reviews, which can be hard to come by nowadays. All the photos of our work posted on our social media accounts are proudly performed by our roofers; some businesses tend to post photos found on the internet that do not accurately show the quality of their work. In other words, what you see is what you’ll get, so there's no room for unexpected surprises. Here at Elite, we promise to always be honest and transparent with all of our customers. We treat you how we’d like to be treated, so you know you’re in good hands. We look forward to servicing your needs and welcoming you to the Elite family!
Interested in getting a repair/replacement in Hudson County? Contact us by calling our office at (201)436-1011, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your FREE estimate today! Want to read more blog posts like this one? Be sure to check our website for new blog posts every Friday!